- QUESTION: What is so bad about Lars isolating himself from other people? (See "A" below)
- QUESTION: This film points to the power of a loving community to help someone with special needs or challenges. Lars is a severe example of a real struggle many grown children have after experiencing trauma in childhood. Do you think going along with Lars's delusion was the right thing for his friends and family to do? Why or why not? (See "B" below)
- QUESTION: In the end Lars's deepest need was met and his sanity rescued by the very thing he was trying to avoid - human touch. Why are relationships such a powerful and essential part of our health and sanity? (See "C" below)
- A) In Genesis 2:18 God calls something he just made "not good." He said "It is not good that man should be alone." As human beings we are made in the image of a God who is three persons, not one isolated individual.
- B) Who in our family/church/sphere might be isolated from others and could use an extra measure of patience, affirmation and love? What can you do this week to extend an invitation for relationship?
- C) We are most fully human (the image of God) when we are in deep relationship with others - especially a spouse and family.