1. QUESTION: Describe Steve Rogers’ life at the beginning of the story. Would you call him successful? A failure? What is the driving desire of his heart? How does he want to make an impact? (See "A" below)
2. QUESTION: When asked if he wants to kill Nazis Steve says “I don’t want to kill anyone. I don’t like bullies, no matter where they’re from.” What does Steve’s response to bullies reveal about his character? (See "B" below)
3. QUESTION: Steve’s mentor tells him that the serum amplifies what is already within a man. What did it say about Steve when he threw himself on a grenade? (See "C" below)
THINK ABOUT IT:
• A) Steve Rogers illustrates the courage of many real-life men and women who have been willing to sacrifice their own freedom and safety for others. Read 2:4-8. How does Steve’s attitude echo the attitude of Christ as described by the Apostle Paul?
• B) Read 2 Timothy 1:7. Courage in the face of danger honors God and reflects His nature rather than fearful self-preservation.
• C) Read John 15:13. It is when we willingly give our lives for and to others that we reflect great love and noble character.
Ó 2013 Inkling Innovations