Most little girls love the Disney Princess movies. And for good reason. They all reflect part of the ultimate love story found in the gospel and emphasize important themes on what it means to be a child of God and Christ's beloved. Use the following questions and scriptures to point your little princess toward God after watching the princess movie of her choice.
- Describe the girl's life at the start of the story. Is she happy? Does she wish for something more or better? What? (See "A" below)
- What danger does the girl face? Is there someone who wants to harm her or make her unhappy? What kind of obstacles (problems) must be overcome? (See "B" below)
- What magical things happen to help make the girl's dreams come true? (See "C" below)
THINK ABOUT IT
- A) Read I Peter 5:8 and discuss how our real world has a villain named Satan who deceives us and creates other obstacles to keep us away from our happily-ever-after destiny with God.
- B) Read I Corinthians 15:55-57. God defeated the villain with the "magic" (actually, the miracle) of Jesus' resurrection from the dead. Now we can escape the darkness of sin and "marry" the Son of the King!
- C) Read Revelation 19:7. Little girls hope for "happily-ever-after" with a handsome prince because it points them to the true story where God invites us to live happily-ever-after as His bride.